Families & Visitors
Ready to Study
Getting back in the school swing of things after winter break can take some doing. You can encourage your student to:
- Find a new place to study
- Keep up with readings from the beginning
- Visit the learning center/a tutor now to address an academic concern from last term (i.e. test anxiety, writing assistance, etc.)
- Get to know her professors
- Limit online diversions when using a computer, iPad, etc.
- Use a reward system that works for him
And ask him about some things that he is learning when you see each other or talk on the phone. Having to articulate what he is learning can help him solidify that knowledge – and appreciate it even more.