Resident Advisers are hired for the academic year (nine months). While it varies greatly from RA to RA and week to week, most Resident Advisers report that they spend about 10-15 hours per week on the job. In return for those hours, a variety of benefits are obtained from being an RA.
- 1st Year RA: $4180 per year
- 2nd Year RA: $4350 per year
- 3rd Year RA: $4520 per year
- RAs pay full room and board
- RAs pay housing contract fee
ORL’s goal is to provide all RAs with a single room; however, periodically we do need to assign a temporary roommate to an RA that has been placed in a room which accommodates two students. When space becomes available on campus, every effort will be made to offer permanent options to RA roommates. It is our expectation that temporary roommates will be warmly welcomed and treated with respect.
RAs are permitted to pull in a roommate for the year if their room accommodates two students.
Early Registration Privileges
- 50 slots each semester for RAs with less than 75 cumulative credit hours
- April 20, 2013
- August 9-August 25, 2013
- Psychology 100
- 1st Block
- 1 credit
- minimum 2 in-services per semester
- In Hall
- professional development provided for staff by Hall Director
Our Mission Statement
Undergrad HD Applications due November 12, 2012.
Resident Adviser Applications available December 1, 2012.