Procedures for JMU Students

JMU Students who have experienced discrimination, harassment, or sexual harassment may contact the Dean of Students office at 540-568-6468 or visit the office in Taylor 300 with general inquiries.  The office can provide assistance and referrals.

If the complaint is against another student, contact the Office of Judicial Affairs at 568-6218. 

If the complaint is against a faculty or staff member, contact the Office of Equal Opportunity at 568-6991.


Additional Sources of Assistance and Support are available:

JMU Counseling and Student Development Center  

Office of Disability Services for disability-related concerns 

Sexual Harassment Resources at Student Wellness and Outreach in the University Health Center


The Office of Equal Opportunity can provide information and guidance to students, faculty, staff, or visitors regarding any form of discrimination or harassment.