Exam accommodations may be available through Disability Services in cooperation with the instructor. Please follow the procedures below for obtaining exam-proctoring assistance:
- Arrange to meet with your instructor(s) to discuss your disability and exam accommodation arrangements. Contact your professor for all testing arrangements well in advance of each test/quiz.
- It is preferred that your professor provide you with the proper exam accommodations within the context of his/her department under their supervision. For example, you may need to ask questions.
- If your professor is unable to provide proper exam accommodations, then you may be able to take the exam through Disability Services by completing the following steps:
- The Test & Exam Accommodation Arrangements form must be completed and returned to ODS at least 3 days in advance of test date. ODS may not be able to accommodate a student if the TEAA form is returned to us without sufficient notice; however, we will consider these requests on a case-by-case basis.
All exams are scheduled at the same time as the . Exceptions would include back-to-back classes or an evening class which would inhibit the extended time accommodation. Special arrangements will be considered on an individual basis.
Please note the following:
- Ashby Assessment and Testing Center also functions as a proctored testing space at JMU.
- It is recommended that Final Exam Testing space be reserved about 2 weeks in advance.
- Submitting a Test & Exam Accommodation Arrangements form does not guarantee testing accommodations in Disability Services.
- Telephone calls, e-mails, or verbal requests will not be accepted without the completed Test & Exam Accommodation Arrangements form.
- You may make multiple copies of the Test & Exam Accommodation Arrangements form to give to your professors if they are unable to provide testing space for you.