Amy McPherson (JMU BBA, Management and Economics) Speaks at Beta Gamma Sigma Induction Ceremony
Amy McPherson, Senior Vice President of Global Revenue Management for Marriott International, Inc., delivered "Amy's 10 Tips for a Successful Career" on Friday, November 8, during the Beta Gamma Sigma Induction Ceremony in Showker Hall. Amy's ten points are listed below:
"Amy's 10 Tips for a Successful Career" by Amy McPherson
1. Work Hard & Work Smart
2. Anticipate & Always Give People More Than They Ask For
3. Surround Yourself with Talented People
4. Be Flexible & Broaden Your Exposure
5. Act with Integrity and Treat Everyone with Respect
6. Communicate Well & Communicate Often
7. Take Calculated Risks
8. Be a Leader & Don't Hesitate to Take Center Stage
9. Use Humor, When Appropriate
10. Graduate from JMU!!
Amy serves as a member of the Executive Advisory Council for the College of Business.