UREC is Hiring: Assistant Director for Budget and Finance
Join the UREC team! UREC is now accepting applications on JMU Joblink for the full-time Assistant Director for Budget and Finance position.
This is a 12 month administrative/professional position, with full state benefits. The Assistant Director for Budget and Finance is responsible for the fiscal management of University Recreation (UREC) including the training and development of non-fiscal staff. This position provides leadership and oversight of all fiscal operations and performs daily responsibilities to manage the revenue and expenditures of University Recreation.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Responsible for daily business functions including management of revenue, billing, deposits and receivables for all UREC programs and operations.
- Provide planning and evaluation support to the Director through the provision of: cost/benefit analysis, profit/loss statements and revenue projections.
- Lead the departmental budget development process and prepare annual budgets for presentation to university administration. Provide periodic reports to administration.
- Monitor and approve all departmental expenditures.
- Responsible for reviewing staff travel requests and reconciliations. Coach staff on policies, procedures and account codes.
- Audit current business practices, develop and enforce policy relative to cash handling, debit cards and internal charges.
- Reconcile organizational accounts including comprehensive fee codes, special funds, University Foundation and agency accounts.
- Maintain procedures manual for all UREC business functions, and integrate changes to state and university practices as required.
- Conduct training workshops for departmental staff as needed.
- Recruit, hire, train and provide leadership to student fiscal assistants.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Demonstrated experience with managing budgets with sound fiscal practices required.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to teach others required.
- Experience as a business manager with a strong knowledge of business practices required.
- Experience with appropriate computer software (PeopleSoft financial, MS Access, MS Excel) preferred.
- Experience supervising a student staff is a plus.
Learn more about UREC: www.jmu.edu/recreation