Win a Prize: Refer a Friend for MOAT!
Do you know an incoming JMU student who would love to meet other new students, spend time outdoors and make great memories?
JMU students, faculty and staff, now is your chance to win a great prize for referring and getting a friend to sign up for MOAT: Madison Orientation Adventure Trips!
How does it work?
- Tell a friend about MOAT.
- If they are going to sign up, email their name to Guy deBrun (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Once Guy receives their registration and payment, he will contact you to select either one 1/2 hour UREC Massage or one free UREC Adventure trip. Both are valid for redemption in Fall 2013. No cash value and non-transferable.
- While supplies last, so hurry!
MOAT is a 3-day adventure-based orientation program. These student-led backpacking, canoeing, and rock climbing trips begin at 5:30 pm. For your convenience, trips are scheduled to start after Summer Springboard, however, matching your orientation date to MOAT is not required. You will meet your leaders and other participants and spend the night at the University Recreation Center before heading out on your MOAT trip the next morning. The MOAT experience is designed to give you an opportunity to build social connections with other trip members and introduce you to the amazing local natural areas surrounding Harrisonburg. All trips will involve primitive camping (no showers) and do not require any previous experience. The cost for the MOAT trip is $225.00 and includes instruction, leadership, equipment, and meals.
- June 4-7: Transfer Student Adventure Sampler
- June 24-27: Canoeing the Shenandoah River 1
- June 25-28: White-Water Kayaking
- June 27-30: Canoeing the Shenandoah River 2
- July 8-11: Rock Climbing George Washington National Forest 1
- July 9-12: Adventure Sampler 1
- July 15-18: Rock Climbing George Washington National Forest 2
- July 16-19: Adventure Sampler 2
- July 18-21: Backpacking Dolly Sods Monongahela National Forest