UREC is Hiring: Coordinator for Adventure and TEAM Programs
Join the UREC team! UREC is now accepting applications on JMU Joblink for the full-time Coordinator for Adventure and TEAM Programs position.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Serve as the Coordinator for Adventure and TEAM Programs providing leadership in development and implementation of a comprehensive educationally based, challenge course program and outdoor equipment rental service including a bike rental and maintenance program for the JMU community.
- This position will report to the Assistant Director for Adventure and TEAM programs.
- The Coordinator will supervise, train and mentor student staff to implement these programs.
- The position will also assist in the implementation of selected portions of the adventure trip program as needed.
- This position will be an active member of the department team and serving on committees, facility and programming supervision team and other duties to support the mission of the department and university.
- Bachelor's degree in Physical Education, Recreation, Sports Management or related field required. Master's degree preferred.
- Belay experience and experience working on challenge courses required.
- One year experience at the graduate assistant or professional level in adventure programming in a college environment preferred.
- Experience working with adventure equipment rental, bike maintenance and adventure trip leading preferred.
- Employee training and supervision and knowledge of student development preferred.
- ACCT and/or Wilderness First aid preferred.
Questions about this position? Contact Guy deBrun.
Learn more about UREC: www.jmu.edu/recreation
Published: Monday, April 29, 2013
Last Updated: Wednesday, February 1, 2017