- No Related Stories
Dr. Frances Flannery among eight JMU faculty nominated
James Madison University has nominated eight individuals for the State Council of Higher Education for Virginia’s prestigious Outstanding Faculty Awards. The awards recognize superior accomplishments in teaching, research and public service.
The nominees are:
• Dr. David Bernstein, professor of computer science
• Dr. Brenda “B.J.” Bryson, professor of social work
• Dr. Frances Flannery, associate professor of philosophy and religion
• Dr. Daniel G. Gallagher, professor of management, who currently holds the CSX Distinguished Professorship in Management
• Dr. Teresa Harris, professor of early, elementary and reading education
• Dr. Brian T. Kaylor, assistant professor of communication studies (Rising Star category)
• Dr. Gina MacDonald, professor of chemistry and biochemistry
• Dr. Steven J. Whitmeyer, associate professor of geology and environmental science (Teaching with Technology category)
Outstanding Faculty Award winners will be recognized in February during a ceremony in Richmond. Each recipient will receive an engraved award and a $5,000 check underwritten by the Dominion Foundation, the philanthropic arm of Dominion Resources.