Summer Springboard Info
Welcome to all of our new dukes and their families! Summer Springboard Orientation is officially here!
First-year students check in at Transitions (Warren Hall, Second Floor)
- Have your photo taken for your JAC
- Receive your Orientation materials
- Get more information about The Madison Collaborative
- Centennial Scholars Meeting (only for admitted students and family)
- ROTC meeting (for admitted and interested students)
- Attend the invigorating University Welcome
- Meet the Orientation Peer Advisers
- Meet with your OPA
- College meetings
- Making good decisions at JMU
- Enjoy lunch with your OPA
- Academic Advising
- Schedule adjustment if needed
- Also, Frederikson Hall will be open from 4 to 5 for tours. There will also be ORL staff there ready to answer all of your Residence Life questions!
What to bring:
- You'll be taking your JAC (JMU Access Card) photo so bring a picture identification with your birthdate, for example a driver's license.
- Dual enrollment transcripts (if applicable). Envelopes with transcripts need to be sealed with a signature across the back to indicate they have not been opened.
- Your JMU electronic identity username and password (the username and password you used to make your Orientation reservation). Questions? Contact the Information Technology Help Desk at(540) 568-3555
- Planning enrollment guide (#1 under Module 3)
- Enrollment worksheet
- Printed copy of your fall class schedule
- An umbrella (in case of bad weather)