- No Related Stories
Residence Halls Close: Winter Break
All residence halls will close at 6:00 p.m. on Friday, December 13, 2013. If you are involved with graduation, your Hall Director must give approval for you to stay until 3 p.m. on Saturday, December 14, 2013.
Before leaving for break, please do the following:
- Sign up for a check out time with a Resident Adviser. Schedules will be posted near all RA doors or the hall office.
- Lock windows; lower roller shades or blinds.
- Unplug electrical appliances, including aquariums, computers and refrigerators (clean refrigerator & leave door open to prevent mildew). Take your fish home!
- Turn heat on to lowest setting.
- Remove trash and recycling to the proper location. You may be fined for any trash left in your room, suites, hallways, baths, kitchens or other public areas.
- Remove holiday decorations.
- Remove personal items from community bathrooms to facilitate cleaning by the housekeeping staff. PLEASE NOTE: private bathrooms (those not accessible from hallway) will not be cleaned by housekeeping staff. Personal shower curtains, unless taken home, will be removed by Housekeeping.
- Move your bike into your room over the break period.
- Meet with Resident Adviser at the scheduled time and inspect your room together.
- Turn off room lights and lock room and suite doors.
No one will be permitted to remain in or enter their residence hall from 6:00 p.m. on Friday, December 13 until 9:00 a.m. on Sunday, January 12.
- Prescription medicines
- Plane or other travel tickets
- House keys, car keys, luggage keys
- Wallets, purses
- Skis, golf clubs, band uniform, etc.
All residence halls will reopen at 9:00 a.m. on Sunday, January 12.