2014 Woman of Distinction Awards
Who is a Woman of Distinction?
She is a woman who inspires us through her imagination, innovation and dedication; her exemplary talent and achievements; her strength of character and the sincerity with which she serves.
A woman who possesses passion for the people and places making up her everyday life, who breathes life and energy into our community — this is a Woman of Distinction!
How do I nominate a Woman of Distinction?
To nominate a woman for this award, complete a nomination form and return it to Liz Howley, University Health Center's Student Wellness & Outreach office, MSC 7901. Or drop it off at Montpelier Hall, room 506.
The deadline is 5pm, Jan. 29, 2014.
How are the nominees selected?
All applications will be reviewed by the Woman of Distinction Award Committee made up of faculty, staff, and students. The award recipients will be honored during the JMU Diversity Conference, March 17, 2014.
What are the criteria for award selection?
- Displays leadership: vision, innovation, creativity and/or the courage to take risks
- Provides inspiration and motivation to others
- Enriches and improves the quality of life of others
- Has shown a special commitment to support and empower other women
- Recognition as a positive role model through example, mentoring and/or educating
- Demonstrates excellence in their respective field