Dukes Email Upgrade Beginning July 23
James Madison University is upgrading Dukes email (@dukes.jmu.edu) to the latest Microsoft release.The system upgrade will take place beginning Tuesday, July 23rd and is expected to complete by Saturday, July 27th.During the upgrade, you will be able to use your Dukes email account; however, you may experience short service interruptions as the migration of your account takes place.What should you expect?
After the upgrade you will have two separate accounts (a Dukes account and a SkyDrive account see below), with the same user name (e-ID@dukes.jmu.edu) and password that you currently use to access Dukes email.You will have the ability to change the password for each account.
- This account gives you access to your JMU Dukes email, calendar and global address list (GAL).
- JMU Information Technology will administer this account.
- The JMU Computing HelpDesk can assist you with resetting this password.
- To access this account go to http://dukes.jmu.edu.
- Mobile device and email client configurations will not change.
- This personal account gives you access to all your existing SkyDrive content and Messenger contacts.
- This account does not include email.
- Any files that you had stored in your SkyDrive account will remain in this account.
- JMU will no longer administer this account. The JMU Computing HelpDesk cannot reset the password for you.
- To access this account and to reset your SkyDrive password go to http://skydrive.live.com.
What do you need to do?
Ensure that your browser and email client software meet the JMU software recommendations found at http://www.jmu.edu/computing/support/software .
Information and Support
Contact the JMU Computing HelpDesk at 568-3555