Basketball Upset: Business as usual
The James Madison University men's basketball team just became the first #16 seed to knock off a #1 seed in the history of the NCAA tournament. While the university is extremely proud of our team and their accomplishment today, doing hard things and changing the course of history is exactly what we set out to do here at JMU. Equipped with the power that knowledge gives, JMU students, faculty and alumni work toward a brighter future in nearly every sector of global society.
We expand the world's knowledge through innovative and cutting-edge research, widely available to our undergraduates.
- Professor to put rational thinking to the test
- Researchers study effects of caffeine on cyclists' performance
- Handing down an artistic tradition
- Striking gold: Student research leads to scientific discovery
We explore new worlds through global-centric perspectives and study abroad programs.
- Urbino Project: Coached by experience
- A springboard for career and mission
- Leave home, find yourself
We devise new ways to generate prosperity. We help those struggling with disease, poverty, handicaps or lack of opportunity through science, education and service.
- 'Suitcase clinics' deliver health care to the homeless
- Intervening for success: Response to Intervention instruction
- Facing AIDS
With the mentoring of faculty whose first love is teaching, we help students fulfill their destinies. JMU offers each student a future of significance — not an education of mere prestige, but an extraordinary education of exceptional scholarship, inventive thinking, unparalleled attention to the world community, a university-wide enthusiasm for teaching, and a commitment to student success.
- Employing a competitive edge
- Bob Gordon honored for 50 years at JMU
- Jumping off a cliff
- Student films document Bosnia's struggle with reconciliation
And our alumni continue to demonstrate the unrestrained liberty of individuals to use their acquired knowledge to transform the world.Disaster relief: All in a day's work