JMU observes Food Day with week of programming
Food Day will be observed on Oct. 24 around the country, but JMU is going the extra mile by observing the day with a week's worth of programs.
The Food Day events, beginning with a Food Resources Fair for students from noon-4 p.m. Monday, Oct. 22 on the Warren Patio, are designed to celebrate, educate and reflect on our food communities.
Each day of the Food Day week will be aligned with one of Food Day’s five priorities:
- promote safer, healthier diets (Monday October 22)
- support sustainable and organic farms (Tuesday October 23)
- reduce hunger (Wednesday October 24)
- reform factory farms to protect the environment and animals (Thursday October 25)
- support fair working conditions for food and farm workers (Friday October 26).
In addition to the Food Resources Fair on Monday, there will be a "Farm to Fork Dinner and Cooking Contest" sponsored by JMU Dining Services from 4:30-7:30 p.m. at E-Hall. Stations in E-Hall will feature locally grown foods.
# # #