ALL INCOMING STUDENTS TO JMU ARE INVITED TO BE A PART OF ONE OF THE BIGGEST AND BEST ORGANIZATIONS ON CAMPUS THE JMU MARCHING ROYAL DUKES! Invitation letters/e-mails will be mailed to ALL incoming students in May. If you do not receive this information by June 1, please contact the JMU Band Office at (540) 568-6656 to request information.
TO JOIN THE MRD'S TODAY,
CLICK HERE FOR A RESERVATION FORM!
Reservation forms are due to the JMU Band Office by June 22, 2012.
CLICK HERE for the INVITATION LETTER
CLICK HERE FOR THE PERCUSSION & GUARD AUDITION INFORMATION
WELCOME to James Madison University!
Congratulations for choosing JMU to be your home for the next few years! We hope that you are looking forward to your experience at JMU and that you plan to join the Marching Royal Dukes.
After acceptance to the university, a packet inviting you to join the Dukes will be mailed to you by the end of May. In it, you will receive important information about our season, including a reservation form that will need to be returned to the JMU Band Office. The Marching Royal Dukes pre-season band camp (required for all members) will begin on SUNDAY, August 19.
Once we receive your information, you will be added to our roster and we will send you pre-season mailings with details about the season ahead. A band camp mailing will go out by August 1 and will include: MRD camp details, information about residence hall check-in, dining information, maps and directions, schedules, and music to prepare for the season.
PERCUSSION & COLOR GUARD AUDITIONS
All percussionists (battery and front ensemble) and color guard interested in joining the Marching Royal Dukes must attend the audition day on SATURDAY, June 23. This is required for those interested in being a part of the Drum Line, Front Ensemble, or Color Guard.
Information with details about this event will be posted online and mailed to all indicating their interest in joining one of those auxiliary units. For additional information, please contact Carly Philp (guard) at email@example.com or Rick Deloney (percussion) at firstname.lastname@example.org.
FOR AN AUDITION DAY ITINERARY Click Here
ABOUT THE MRD BAND CAMP...
- DATES: The 2012 band camp will run from Sunday, August 19 Saturday, August 25 on the JMU Campus.
- REGISTRATION: Registration for camp will be held 10 a.m. - 3 p.m. on Sunday morning, August 19 at the JMU Bookstore (rain or shine).
- HOUSING: ALL MRD’s who live in university housing will stay in their assigned dorm room (for the year) beginning on Sunday. You will be able to check into your assigned room from 12:00-2:30 p.m. with the JMU Office of Residence Life. The JMU Band Office pays for all on-campus housing costs during band camp.
- MRD’s who are living off campus will need to make the necessary arrangements for housing.
- DINING: All MRD’s will receive a meal card to use during the course of the band camp week. The JMU Band Office pays for ALL MRD meals until regular meal plans begin
- SCHEDULE: Regular camp rehearsals will be 8:30 a.m. - 8:30 p.m. with meal breaks scheduled according to the JMU Dining schedule.
- ORIENTATION: The JMU Band Office works with the Office of Freshmen Orientation to create a schedule that will fit both important events for this week. Marching Band members will NOT have to miss any required Orientation activities.
- FRESHMEN ASSESSMENT TESTS: Freshmen who need to take the JMU Assessments during Freshman Orientation/Band Camp will have a special make-up date/time assigned during the semester in order to take these required tests. THE JMU Band Office works directly with the Freshmen Orientation and University Assessment Offices in order to coordinate this process. Questions about this can be addressed to the JMU Office of Assessment at (540) 568-6706.
For more information, contact:
Scott Rikkers - Director of MRD
School of Music, MSC 7301
James Madison University
Harrisonburg, VA 22807
Phone (540) 568-6656