American Liszt Society presents:
Liszt as Missionary
James Madison University
The 2014 American Liszt Society Festival, Liszt as Missionary, will be hosted by
James Madison University. Alan Walker and James Tocco are among the many scheduled lecturers and performers.
Please join us for the 50th year anniversary celebration of the ALS, a time
of listening, learning, and friendship in the beautiful Shenandoah Valley!
$140 - ALS members
$165 - non ALS members
$55 - day pass
$40 - banquet
"Early bird" registration for ALS members will expire on
May 15 / $165 thereafter
Registration deadline is May 26.
JMU is located in Harrisonburg, Virginia. Host airports – Charlottesville Albemarle Airport (CHO) and Shenandoah Valley Regional Airport (SHD). Free round-trip shuttle from/to CHO will be available for the following times:
Thursday, June 5th - 2:00 pm, 5:30 pm, 8:00 pm
Monday, June 9th- 6:00 am, 8:30 am
Other airports will require car rental or other means of transportation.
Richmond International Airport (Richmond, VA.)...2 hours driving
Dulles International Airport (Washington DC) ...2 hours driving
Reagan National Airport (Washington DC)...2.5 hours driving
BWI (Baltimore, MD)...3 hours driving
Local Hotel Information:
Courtyard by Marriott | 540.432.3031
Book your group rate of $77.00 by referencing American Liszt Society.
Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott | 540.433.9333
Rates: $77.00 two queens, $77.00 king, $87.00 extra large king
For more information, contact Festival Director Gabriel Dobner at email@example.com
DIRECTIONS to JAMES MADISON UNIVERSITY:
From the NORTH:
Take I-81 South to Exit 245, Port Republic Rd. At the top of the ramp, make a right at the light to head west on Port Republic Rd.
From the SOUTH:
Take I-81 North to Exit 245, Port Republic Rd. At the top of the ramp, make a left at the light to head west on Port Republic Rd.
Approaching campus on Port Republic Road:
- Pass the main entrance to James Madison University on your right and continue over a small hill.
- Turn right at the next light (S. Main St./Route 11 North). Continue on S. Main St. for approximately one-half mile.
- Turn left at the next traffic light (Warsaw Ave.). If you reach Grace St. you have missed the turn.
- Drive straight through the next stoplight and around the back of the Warsaw Ave. parking deck. Then, park on any floor.
- Exit the parking deck towards the Forbes Center, and walk through the viaduct, crossing under Main St. Continue up the sidewalk and turn left to reach the Music Building, which is the first building on the left side of the Quad. Proceed through the front doors of the Music Building to join us!