Skip to Main Content

Marching Royal Dukes


JMU Marching Royal Dukes Logo
Give Now
You are in the main content

Housing and Meals

Living on Campus

If you live in a JMU residence hall, you will move into your assigned dorm room for the year at band camp. YOU MUST PICK UP YOUR KEYS AND CHECK INTO YOUR DORM BETWEEN NOON AND 2:45PM ON SUNDAY, AUGUST 23.

CLICK HERE to download the Early Arrival Flyer for 2015.


Living off campus

If you are living off campus during the 20145-16 school year, there will be no housing provided for you on campus during band camp. THERE ARE NO EXCEPTIONS TO THIS. Please plan accordingly, and make sure your housing complex/landlord is aware that you will need to move in by Sunday, August 23. If necessary, the band office will provide a note for your landlord in order to indicate the need for you to move in by August 23.

Camp Meals- Read Carefully!

Meals will begin at dinner on Sunday, August 23. For freshmen with a JMU meal plan, meals will be provided through lunch on Tuesday, August 25 (then your regular plan begins at dinner). For all others, meals will be provided through dinner on Friday, August 28. Please remember, freshmen will begin to use their regular JMU ID's at dinner on Tuesday, August 25 and upperclassmen will begin to use their JMU ID's at brunch on Saturday, August 28. If family and friends wish to dine with you on the first day of camp, they can purchase a meal ticket at D-Hall upon arrival. If you register to come to band camp, but do not show up at camp or you quit the MRD's for any reason during band camp or before the end of the semester, you will be charged for all meals during band camp week. If you are made an alternate, you are considered to be a part of the Marching Royal Dukes and will be required to pay for the meals if you decide to quit band. Once we submit our camp roster to dining services, we must pay for all of your meals that week. The cost of your meals will be charged to your account if you quit band. If this is not paid by December 18, 2015, a hold will be put on your records. If you quit band for a medical reason, you must have a signed medical note from your physician explaining the condition and restrictions.