James Madison University
Harrisonburg, VA 22807
In Every Issue:
- Charles Haley Celebrates 'Haul of Fame' Induction at JMU
- Dennis Byers Leads Dukes Club
- VA Commerce Secretary Barry DuVal ('81) Gives Founders Lecture
- Mark of Distinction Carl Lentz ('73) and Stephen Leeolou ('78)
- Six Students Receive Alumni Scholarships
- Champion Swimmer Evelyn Dickson Dowling ('49)
- Coalition Builder Charles Cunningham ('81)
- Corporate Draw David Rennyson ('91)
Carrier Steps Down,
But Not Out
First JMU president to become first JMU chancellor.
The Writer's Block
Aimee Vaughan has found time in the traditional four years of college to be a time management inspiration. She
plays lacrosse and soccer, and is a dean's list student as an accounting major and Russian minor.
Elizabeth Wilson Gauldin ('50) helped fly us to the moon, let us play among the stars, let us see what spring is like
on Jupiter and Mars...
Alumni Defy Gravity and Odds with
- Right Wing Pat Cooke ('83) Pulls Gs and Pushes the Envelope
- Supply Officer Duke Heinz ('89) is Invisible, But Indispensable
JMU physics professor Kevin Giovanetti works with his undergraduate students at the Continuous Electron Beam
Accelerator Facility at the Thoman Jefferson National Accelerator Facility in Newport News, Virginia.
In the Merry Month of May