About Learning Strategies Instruction
- LSI is a part of the Office of Disability Services
- LSI services are available to all currently enrolled JMU students
LSI provides Academic Coaching to JMU Students Who:
- Are having academic difficulty
- Have high academic goals, including demanding requirements
- Are currently enrolled Undergraduate, Graduate, and Non-Traditional students.
- Aspire to become tutors, coaches or educators.
Topics for Coaching include (but are not limited to):
- Test Analysis
- Studying & Test Prep
Learning Strategies Instruction provides individualized, student-centered, academic coaching designed to increase student success. The diverse range of undergraduate and graduate students we serve will be motivated to achieve individual goals by becoming self-regulated learners and building academic and personal self-efficacy.