Women’s Health and Wellness Program
The 2018 Women’s Health and Wellness Program will be held on Saturday, November 3.
The Women’s Health and Wellness Program is a one day event for JMU faculty and staff to invest time in themselves, their health, and their well-being. This program offers workshops and sessions that will help participants learn more about fitness, nutrition, and the importance of physical activity. Optional clinical and fitness testing will also be available the day before the event.
Conference registration is $25, which includes:
- Access to all events on Saturday, including Keynote speaker, physical activity workshops, and content sessions.
- Boxed lunch (selected below)
We also have three optional add-ons, which would occur on Friday, November 2nd, 2018 (by appointment, between 2-8pm).
- Clinical and fitness testing - $25
- Clinical testing alone - $15
- Fitness testing alone - $15
These fitness and clinical testing sessions include:
- Fitness: submaximal exercise treadmill test, leg press, push-ups, curl-ups, and sit-and-reach
- Clinical: lipid and glucose panel (via fingerstick), DXA scan (body fat %), blood pressure, height, weight, waist and hip circumference
- There are a limited number of slots for the clinical and testing appointments.
- Specific appointment times for clinical and fitness testing will be scheduled closer to the event. Fitness testing is expected to take 1-1.5 hours, while clinical testing will take approximately 45 minutes.
- Prices for these add-ons are in addition to the $25 conference registration.
- You must register for the conference to be able to register for the add-ons.
If you are interested in joining us for this new and exciting event, please register online.