Self Competence, Activity, Motor competence, and Physical fitness (SCAMP)
In Fall, 2014, The Morrison-Bruce Center conducted the first phase of a large-scale project that will investigate the relationships between physical fitness, physical activity, movement patterns and proficiency, and self-perceptions of competence in a variety of life domains. We hope to gain a better understanding of these variables in order to promote better health and increased enjoyment of physical activity in people of all ages. The first stage of the project involved studying the variables of interest in a college-aged population, with younger adolescents and children being assessed in future phases of the project.
Program & Events
- Healthy Kids
- ColorBlast 5K
- Girls Have HEART
- Girls' Golf
- Movin' and Groovin' Day
- Alumnae Health and Fitness Program
- Let's CHAT
- See All
- The Morrison-Bruce Center will still have some events going on this fall!
- Girls' Golf Spring 2014dates:
- January 25th (Godwin Hall)
February 8th (Godwin Hall)
March 22nd (Mulligan’s)*
March 29th (Mulligan’s)
April 12th (Mulligan’s)
- All sessions will run from 9am – 12pm, unless otherwise noted.
- Open to all girls aged 7-17 and girls can start at any time!
- * Inclement weather Location: Godwin Hall on JMU's campus
- Healthy Kids
- Tuesdays, 6:15-7:30pm
January 28th – April 8th
- Contact the Morrison Bruce Center at email@example.com with questions or to register for any of our programs!