The foundation for the Center was laid over fifty years ago when Drs. Lee Morrison and Patricia Bruce decided to accept faculty positions at then, Madison College. Drs. Morrison and Bruce dedicated their professional careers to expanding and enriching the physical activity opportunities for women.
Both women were actively involved in the development of the MBC and have continued to make noteworthy contributions to the University in their retirement by helping shape the Center's mission and goals. Drs. Morrison and Bruce hope that the Center will improve the lives of girls and women not only in the community, but also in the world in which we live.
Program & Events
- Healthy Kids
- ColorBlast 5K
- Girls Have HEART
- Girls' Golf
- Movin' and Groovin' Day
- Alumnae Health and Fitness Program
- Let's CHAT
- See All
- The Morrison-Bruce Center will still have some events going on this fall!
- Girls' Golf Fall 2013 dates:
- August 31st (Mulligan's) (9am-11am)
September 14th (Mulligan's)
October 5th (Mulligan's)
October 19th (Mulligan’s)*
November 9th (Godwin Hall)
December 7th (Godwin Hall)
- All sessions will run from 9am – 12pm, unless otherwise noted.
- Open to all girls aged 7-17 and girls can start at any time!
- * Rain Location: Godwin Hall on JMU
- Healthy Kids
- Mondays, 6:15-7:30pm
September 16th – November 18th
- Contact the Morrison Bruce Center at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions or to register for any of our programs!