Girls Have H.E.A.R.T- Healthy Eating and Running Today!
Utilizing running to build health lifestyles and confidence in girls
Girls Have Heart is a 10-week running program that aims to help girls develop healthy habits through non-competitive running and informative nutrition lessons. Girls in the third and fourth grade will participate in endurance building activities that culminate in the 5K Color Blast held by the Morrison Bruce Center on April 6th. The main goal of Girls Have H.E.A.R.T is to teach the importance of building a healthy lifestyle through fun and interactive activity.
Girls Have Heart 2013
Where: Waterman Elementary School
When: January 21st – March 25th - Mondays: 3:45-5:15
*Girls Have Heart will not meet on February 18th
5K Color Blast- April 6th
Cost for Girls Have Heart 10-week program: $15
Cost for 5k Color Blast for Girls Have HEART participants (optional): $10
- Endurance-building activities and games
- Nutrition Lessons
For more information feel free to contact the Morrison Bruce Center at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Program & Events
- Healthy Kids
- ColorBlast 5K
- Girls Have HEART
- Girls' Golf
- Movin' and Groovin' Day
- Alumnae Health and Fitness Program
- Let's CHAT
- See All
- The Morrison-Bruce Center will still have some events going on this fall!
- Girls' Golf Fall 2013 dates:
- August 31st (Mulligan's) (9am-11am)
September 14th (Mulligan's)
October 5th (Mulligan's)
October 19th (Mulligan’s)*
November 9th (Godwin Hall)
December 7th (Godwin Hall)
- All sessions will run from 9am – 12pm, unless otherwise noted.
- Open to all girls aged 7-17 and girls can start at any time!
- * Rain Location: Godwin Hall on JMU
- Healthy Kids
- Mondays, 6:15-7:30pm
September 16th – November 18th
- Contact the Morrison Bruce Center at email@example.com with questions or to register for any of our programs!