This program is offered throughout the entire calendar year to all girls ages 7-17. At each Girls Golf event, the girls receive professional golf instruction from LPGA members and participate in activity sessions designed to promote health and fitness and increase the participantís knowledge of fitness and nutrition. All Girls Golf sessions are held on Saturday mornings between 9am-12pm unless otherwise noted. Snacks and golf clubs are provided at each event, however, girls with their own clubs are encouraged to bring them!
If you would like more information or are interested in registering for this program, please contact the Morrison-Bruce Center at firstname.lastname@example.org
2014 Dates for Girls Golf
- August 30th (Mulligan’s)
- September 20th (Mulligan’s)
- October 4th (Mulligan’s)
- October 25th (Mulligan’s)
- November 8th (Godwin Hall)
- December 6th (Godwin Hall)
All sessions will run from 9am – 12pm. Open to all girls aged 7-17 - and girls can start any time!
* Inclement Weather Location: Godwin Hall on JMU’s campus
For information on cost and registration, please contact email@example.com
- Participation for one year (January – December)
- Group instruction by a certified LPGA professional, Wendy Kern
- Access to all necessary golf equipment during the program
- Healthy snacks at each session, as well as lunch on special days!
- Health and wellness activities each day to promote healthy eating and exercise habits
Directions to Mulligan’s Golf Course:
From Interstate 81: Take exit 243 (US-11 exit). Turn left onto South Main Street (US-11 South) and drive approximately 1 mile. Turn left onto Carpenter Lane, just before the Farmer’s Market. Destination will be on the right.
Directions to Sandy Bottom Golf Course:
From Interstate 81: Take exit 240 (Bridgewater exit). Follow State Route 257 into Bridgewater for approximately 3 miles. Turn left onto College View Drive (this street is just before two large prominent brick pillars which mark the entrance to Bridgewater College campus). Go one block and turn left onto East College Street. Follow East College Street until it ends at the entrance sign to Sandy Bottom Park. Turn left and continue past the town’s maintenance shop into the parking area.
Photos of Girls’ Golf Events
LPGA-USGA Girls’ Golf Academy
During summer 2013, the Girls’ Golf of Harrisonburg sent three girls to the National Academy in June, which was held on Kiawah Island. All three girls were supported by grants from the LPGA Foundation. Check out the picture of all the participants below!
Program & Events
- Girls' Golf
Fall 2014 dates:
August 30th (Mulligan’s)
September 20th (Mulligan’s)
October 4th (Mulligan’s)
October 25th (Mulligan’s)
November 8th (Godwin Hall)
December 6th (Godwin Hall)
- All sessions will run from 8:30am – 11:00am, unless otherwise noted.
Open to all girls aged 7-17 and girls can start at any time!
- Healthy Kids
September 3rd to November 17th
- Contact the Morrison Bruce Center at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions or to register for any of our programs!