Let’s CHAT (Create Health Activities Together)
Would you like to learn how to incorporate more good nutrition and physical activity into your busy life? How about into your family’s lives?
The RMH Women’s Center and JMU, along with the Women and Girls Health Coalition of Harrisonburg and Rockingham County, present Let’s CHAT, a new program designed to help you and your family live a healthier life.
Choose the class option that you prefer. Both options, including all screenings, are *FREE!
Option 1: Adults only
- Weekly meetings held Mondays, Jan 21-April 15, 5-6:30pm at RMH
- Nutrition and physical activity education along with social support
- Blood draws at three different times to check blood sugar, cholesterol, triglycerides and inflammatory markers.
Option 2: Adults with a pre-school aged child or grandchild
- Weekly meetings held Tuesdays, January 22-April 16, 6:15-7:45pm at JMU’s Godwin Hall (free parking for program participants)
- Adults receive everything included in Option 1
- Children ages 3-5 will participate in nutrition and physical activity lessons and games. They’ll also be given a healthy snack.
- A supervised, quiet space will be provided for older children (ages 6+) to complete homework or read.
Want to learn more? Join us for an information session on
Tuesday, January 15, 6pm
RMH Medical Offices, conference room 1
To register for the info session or for one of the program options, call Healthsource at 564-7200.
Space is limited!
Adults who complete the program will receive a $25 Visa giftcard!
*Funded in part by the RMH Foundation.
Program & Events
ColorBlast 5K and Daisy Dash ½ Mile Run
- The Morrison-Bruce Center will still have some events going on this summer!
- Girls' Golf
Summer 2014 dates:
May 24th (Mulligan’s)
June 7th (Mulligan’s)
June 28th (Mulligan’s)
July 12th (Mulligan’s)
August 9th (Mulligan’s) – 8:30am-10:30am
All sessions will run from 8:30am – 11:00am, unless otherwise noted.
Open to all girls aged 7-17 and girls can start at any time!
- Contact the Morrison Bruce Center at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions or to register for any of our programs!