University Recreation (UREC)
Program Registration Desk: (540) 568-8734
Hours of Operation (During Full-Academic Session, hours are subject to change)
- Monday-Thursday: 6:30 a.m.- 11:30 p.m.
- Friday: 6:30 a.m.- 10:00 p.m.
- Saturday: 9:00 a.m.- 10:00 p.m.
- Sunday: Noon - 11:30 p.m.
- Monday-Friday: UREC’s front doors, locker rooms, and the equipment center will open at 6:15 a.m. Activity areas (i.e. fitness center, gym, pool, track, etc.) will continue to open at 6:30 a.m.
University Recreation promotes and advances healthy lifestyles through participation opportunities, educational experiences, and supportive services. Our qualified staff is committed to excellence and responsive to the developmental needs of our participants.
Programming areas include
|Informal Recreation||Sport Clubs||Fitness||Nutrition|
|Group Fitness||Wellness||Youth Programs||Challenge Courses|
|Group Fitness Studio||Cardio Training Room||Climbing Wall||Assessment Center|
|Cycle Studio||Racquetball Courts||Equipment Checkout||3-Lane Indoor Track|
|Locker Rooms||Main Gymnasium||Multi-Activity Center||Multi-Purpose Studio|
|Massage Studio||Sand Volleyball Court||Classrooms||Smoothie Bar & Vending|
|Outdoor Turf||Spa and Sauna||Picnic & Patio Area||25 m x 25 yd Indoor Pool|
- Students present a valid JMU Access Card (JAC) to enter the building.
- Undergraduate students enrolled in seven or more credit hours per semester receive full individual and family privileges.
- Undergraduate students enrolled in less than seven credit hours may receive full individual privileges for a fee.
- Graduate students enrolled in six or more credit hours receive full individual and family privileges.
- Graduate students enrolled in less than six hours may receive full individual privileges for a fee.
- Learn more about UREC access policies here: http://www.jmu.edu/recreation/Access/Access.html