University Health Center's Student Wellness & Outreach (SWO)
Montpelier Hall, 5th Floor
(North Campus, East Tower, 235 Cantrell Avenue)
Monday-Friday 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
If the university is closed, the UHC Student Wellness & Outreach will be closed.
For more information on events and resources provided by SWO please reference the link above.
Student Wellness & Outreach (SWO)Student Wellness and Outreach coordinates university-wide health promotion programs and initiatives on a wide variety of health and wellness topics. SWO accomplishes this through the use of evidence-based practices centered on education, prevention, and empowerment in making healthy lifestyle choices.
- Staff includes professional health educators, a dietician, a nurse educator, victim advocate, and various support staff.
- Provides advocacy referrals, and support services for survivors of sexual assault and dating violence.
- Undergraduate student employment, graduate assistantships, practicumís, internships, and volunteer opportunities are available to JMU students
- Student groups include REACH (peer education), One in Four (sexual assault prevention menís group), CARE (24/7 Partner Violence Helpline), and SHAC (Student Health Advisory Committee)
- Resource Library in Warren 403
- Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender (LGBT) and Ally Education Program
- HOPE (Help Overcome Problems with Eating & Exercise), which is a multidisciplinary support team for students recovering from disordered eating and exercise behaviors.