- Upper-class students select their residence hall room for the upcoming academic year in February.
- New first year students receive information on lifestyle preferences in May and are assigned to first-year halls on a random basis
- During the academic year, students may request a room or hall change at any time by obtaining a room change request form from their hall director or resident adviser and returning it to that same staff member.
- Except in emergency situations, room changes will be processed in the order they are received provided the desired space is available and all procedures for obtaining the room have been correctly completed. However, there is a three-week “freeze” at the beginning of each semester in regard to processing any room change requests. After these conditions have been met, the student will be issued written authorization to complete the desired move.
- Room changes cannot be made without authorization. Students will be fined for each unauthorized room change and/or must return to their originally assigned room.
- The Office of Residence Life (ORL) reserves the right to make administrative room changes. Administrative room changes may be required for reasons including the consolidation of space, maintenance or mechanical malfunctioning of assigned space, personal safety or health-related issues, and failure to comply with the housing and dining services contract, university policies, or community lifestyle standards.