Community Service-Learning (CS-L)
Wilson Hall, Room 204
- Coordinates students serving in over 75 local community agencies. Sign ups are during the first three weeks of each semester.
- Connects student organizations with special service projects in the community.
- Coordinates the Alternative Breaks Program (ABP). This award winning service program sends JMU teams of 10-12 students to locations in the United States and abroad to work on a diverse range of service projects.
- Thanksgiving Break trip sign ups are in early October.
- Spring Break International trip sign ups are in late October and Spring break Domestic trip sign ups are in November.
- May JMU Hurricane Katrina Relief trip sign-ups are in February.
- New this year!! ABP weekend trips. See the CS-L website for details.
- Places students who qualify for Federal Work Study as part of their financial aid package, in a variety of community agencies and local schools.