Office of the Registrar
Open Monday-Friday: 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
Student Record Services
Warren Hall, Room A504
- Responsible for grade collection and distribution, transcript issuance, enrollment and graduation certification, diploma issuance, transfer credit evaluation, and Veterans Education Programs
Warren Hall, Room 300
- Supports Web and walk-in registration; course adjustment for enrolled undergraduate and graduate students; and registration for international and continuing education programs
- Serves as a distribution point for forms and provides information regarding non-returning/re-entry procedures and major/minor changes
- Non-returning Students and Re-entry to the university
- All students who plan to complete their current semester but do not intend to return to JMU for the subsequent semester should notify the Office of the Registrar in writing. This notification is necessary whether or not students have registered or paid.
- Students who intend to re-enter the university after one or more semesters' absence must submit an Intent to Enroll form before the deadline stated on the form. (Cancellation/Non-returning Notice and Intent to Enroll forms are available at www.jmu.edu/registrar or at the Registration Services desk.)
- Student Identification Number
- Once enrolled at the university, the student identification number assigned to each student will serve as the primary identifier for the student record and for transacting business and receiving services. With rare exceptions (e.g. financial aid, employment, transcript requests), a student’s Social Security Number should not be requested by a campus office. At JMU and elsewhere, if students are asked to supply their SSN or other personal data, they should make sure they understand why the information is required and, for university functions, students should substitute their student ID number instead of SSN whenever possible. Students should use caution and help keep their personal information protected.
Refer to University Policy 2112, The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act.