Outreach & Engagement
395 S. High St.
Outreach & Engagement extends the resources of JMU’s campus by encouraging the creation and implementation of innovative educational opportunities. We foster partnerships while encouraging and engaging individuals and communities to reach and exceed their personal and professional goals.
To provide leadership and inspiration by empowering and engaging a global community through the excitement of education.
- Strive for integrity and quality in all that we do.
- Treat everyone with dignity and respect.
- Respect tradition, learn from experience, and strive for improvement.
- Recognize the importance and contributions of a strong team and each member’s talents, abilities, and opinions.
- Acknowledge that the strength of our leadership comes from empowerment and motivation of our people.
- Encourage and assist people to develop their potential.
- Encourage creativity, flexibility, and experimentation.
- Create an enjoyable work atmosphere.
- To extend university resources beyond our campus by providing access to quality educational experiences through innovative approaches to those seeking to further their personal and professional development.
- To provide credit and noncredit programs as well as one-time courses, certificate programs and off-campus degree programs.
- Assist non-degree seeking students with the application and registration process and collaborate with organizations to create and provide educational opportunities to JMU’s extended community. (Non-degree seeking students are individuals who enroll in credit courses but do not seek a degree.)
For more information, please follow the following links: