Dean of Students
The Office of the Dean of Students supports student learning and interpersonal growth that creates engaged and enlightened citizens. The office responds to the informational and personal concerns of students, parents, faculty and staff. Staff in the Office of the Dean of Students are committed to helping students and others in the areas of:
- Supporting and empowering students and families in crisis and/or challenging situations
- Referring students to resources to increase the likelihood of their success
- Facilitating communications and connections with university personnel and departments
- Assisting students who are considering withdrawing from the university. The student and staff member discuss personal, financial, and academic implications including pertinent policies and procedures directly involved with their withdrawal
- Notifying faculty of extended absences from class when a student is incapacitated or experiencing extraordinary circumstances over the course of several days. Such notifications are sent as a convenience for the student; but do not excuse the student's absence. It is the responsibility of the student to contact each professor upon their return regarding the professor's policy for missed classes, assignments, etc.
For assistance with withdrawing or extended class absences please contact Susan Linn or Dr. Jim McConnel in Taylor Hall, room 300.