Changing Meal Plans and Meal Plan Refunds
- Students may change their meal plan option in the three weeks after the first week of each semester.
- Terms and conditions of all meal plan options, including payment/credits for changing options, may be obtained from JMU Dining Services and Card Services.
- Any credit when changing from a more expensive to less expensive plan is placed in Dining Dollars and must be used by the end of the Spring semester.
- In the event that a student withdraws from the university prior to the end of the semester:
- Off-campus meal plan refunds are initiated by Card Services.
- Residence Life initiates on-campus meal plan refunds after the student has properly checked out.
- All meal plan refunds are based on the “last used” date. This includes using declining balance accounts at vending machines.
- Leftover Dining Dollars from previous semester meal plans are not refundable. No refunds are given during the last 10 days of the semester. If a student uses her/his meal plan during the last ten days, no refund is processed.