- Dining Dollars are similar to Dining Dollars Gold, except they are not purchased directly, but come as part of a meal plan; therefore, students do not receive a 5% discount.
- Dining Dollars purchases are tax-exempt, an 11% savings.
- Not refundable and must be spent by the end of Spring semester or forfeited.
- They can be used to purchase food or beverages in any Dining Services location, to pay the extra when a purchase runs over the allowed equivalency amount, or to buy meals for guests.
- More convenient and more secure than carrying cash for these purposes.
- Not limited in their use by meal periods.