Media Resources Center
Carrier Library, Basement
- Provides collections in many non-print media formats (audio, video, DVD, software, etc.). Most of these collections are in closed stacks and must be checked out and returned to the center's own Media Circulation Desk.
- Loan periods are shorter than those for the library; see the Web site for more information. Most video items loan for a two-day period.
- Many educational videos are available in the Online Video Collection (see www.lib.jmu.edu/media/OVCportal.aspx ).
- Wireless laptop computers are available for checkout for three hour period, for use in Carrier Library building only.
- Media equipment such as camcorders, projectors, and more are available for classroom and individual use (see www.lib.jmu.edu/media/equipmentinventory.aspx)
Self-service video editing workstations with user friendly applications are available for student academic use.