PHONE: (540) 568-7000
Hours: Monday–Friday, 10 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Closed: Saturday and Sunday
All tickets include a processing fee. All dates, repertoire and artists are subject to change. All sales are final; no refunds.
MAIL: James Madison University
Forbes Center for the Performing Arts
Box Office/Season Tickets, MSC 5602
147 Warsaw Ave.
Harrisonburg, VA 22807
Forbes Center Box Office
147 Warsaw Avenue
Harrisonburg, VA 22807
From Warsaw Parking Deck: Exit on the ground floor and follow signs to the center. Metered parking is located in the outdoor lot adjacent to the center. Walk east through the West Plaza, through the Wadsworth Breezeway and enter Mainstage lobby via the first door on the right.
Hours: Monday-Friday, 10 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. and 1½ hours prior to performances.
Closed: JMU holidays, weekends and evenings when there are no ticketed performances.
The Forbes Center accepts cash, checks, Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover. We also accept James Madison University JACards. We do not accept traveler’s checks, cashier’s checks or money orders.
Ticket buyers can pick up tickets on the day of the show beginning 1½ hours prior to curtain at the Forbes Center Box Office or the Studio Theatre Box Office. The Forbes Center Box Office is just steps away from the Warsaw Parking Deck at the back of the center. For directions to the Forbes Center Box Office click here. ID is required for ticket pick-up. Tickets that are ordered more than two weeks in advance of a performance will be mailed to the address on file. Ticket orders received less than two weeks prior to a performance will be held for pick-up at the Will Call window.
Ticket buyers can select to print their tickets at home if purchasing online. All print-at-home tickets and regular tickets are scanned at the door for admittance to the venues.
The Forbes Center works with Aramark to provide café fare and beverage service prior to performances and during intermissions for most shows in the Concert Hall and Mainstage Theatre. Items can be purchased with cash or credit card. No outside food or beverages are permitted into the Forbes Center.
• All patrons, regardless of age, must have a ticket for admittance to the venues. No babes in arms.
• Doors to the venues open 30 minutes prior to performance.
• We ask that patrons please consider other audience members when deciding to bring young children to performances. We reserve the right to ask parents to take restless children out of the venue. Specific audience disclaimers are provided for shows where parental and audience discretion is advised. Contact the Box Office at (540) 568-7000 with questions about this information.
• Repertoire, artists, dates, prices and event times are subject to change. We ask that all patrons provide us with an updated e-mail address so that we can inform them of performance changes or cancellations. Our primary correspondence with ticket buyers is by e-mail.
• All ticket sales are final. No refunds or exchanges on single tickets. Subscribers may exchange tickets up to 24 hours prior to the day of the performance. No back-dated exchanges will be accepted.
• Texting, photography, video and audio recording are not allowed.
• The Forbes Center is a non-smoking facility.
• Latecomers will be seated at the discretion of management at an appropriate time in the performance. Video screens are located above the entrance doors so that latecomers can monitor the performance until the late seating break.
• No standing room is allowed in adherence with fire safety regulations. Patrons who need to leave their seat should exit the venue and refrain from disturbing other audience members. Ushers and house management staff will direct you back to your seats at an appropriate seating break.
• If tickets are lost or stolen, please inform the Box Office immediately at (540) 568-7000 during regular business hours. A replacement pass will be issued at the Box Office after we have validated the buyer’s identity the day of the performance.