LINKer Application Form
LINK Program Overview:The oIP- Office of International Programs (more specifically the ISSS- International Student and Scholar Services office) and the Admissions office are looking to hire 10 individuals for the LINK (Leader for International Networking & Knowledge) program. If you wish to be considered for the position, read the following material, and complete the online application form (below) before December 1st, 5pm.
As a LINKer you will serve as the main link between incoming international students and the current international community at JMU, and positively impact the lives of the JMU international community.
The LINK program is not a typical job in the sense that you will not work a certain amount of hours per week, instead you will be asked throughout the Spring and Fall semesters to correspond with prospective and admitted international students as well as to attend several meetings and serve in different capacities.
Responsibilities:The ten LINKers will work closely together and also individually to:
(2) Assist the Admissions Office and oIP-ISSS in connecting with and answering the questions of prospective and accepted international students and their parents.
(3) Play a significant role in the Orientation program (Transitions) for new International Students.
ii. Greet students and parents
iii. Answer questions and concerns
iv. Facilitate and conducte small group discussions
v. Lead group activities and shopping trips
vi. Assist ISSS staff members.
(5) Check in with assigned LINKees periodically via email and in person throughout their first year at JMU.
(6) Serve as a student host during the International Student Leadership Conference in March
(7) Assist the oIP-ISSS office during special occasions. For example, you may be asked to (8) Assist oIP-ISSS staff members to assess, implement, and further develop the LINK program, including but not limited to assist LINKer Recruitment for the following year.
Expectations:LINKers are expected to:
HINT: When completing this form, take into consideration that at least 30 other individuals want this job.
Now that you have read the reasons to be a LINKer as well as the LINK program overiew, expectations and responsibilities, if you are still interested in 1 of the 10 available positions, answer the following 5 questions and submit them no later than December 1st, 5pm: