Skip to Main Content
You are in the main content


On-Campus Housing:

On-Campus housing is limited and only guaranteed for new freshmen students. Applying for on-campus housing therefore depends on your status and which semester you begin studying at JMU:

  • ISC (Study Group) students can live on-campus, yet there is a restricted amount of spaces available. All requests must go through Jennifer Little
  • Freshmen are expected to live on campus. The selection process is outlined and incorporated in the OneBook steps. During the process you will be expected to sign a housing contract, agreeing to live on campus for the entire first year. Explore the Office of Residence Life's website to obtain more information about the different residence hall options including learning communities (and Madison International in particular).
  • Transfer students may live on-campus based on availability. Refer to the Office of Residence Life website.
  • Exchange students need to contact Taryn Eggleston directly.

Please note: The residence halls do NOT provide bed linens, pillows, blankets, or towels. For more information refer to the Frequently Asked Questions portion of this website.

Off-Campus Housing:

Go to the following website: Off Campus Housing to start searching for roommates and apartments. This online database makes it very convenient for anyone to look for available apartments, roommates and/or sublets. Feel free to contact the Off Campus Life office for further assistance such as moving in, getting settled, paying utilities, etc...


If you are still unclear as to what you need to do please feel free to contact: Thomas Lavenir- for more information.