Arrival & Reservation Form
Plan your trip wisely and accordingly:
Transitions will be taking place on January 12, 2014 starting at 12pm or noon. In order to attend, you will need to arrive either earlier or the day of. The general transportation options are somewhat limited, which is why you should carefully take the following information into consideration:
Transportation & Overnight Lodging:
- On January 12, 2014 @ 10:00 (or 10am) - A JMU Bus will be picking up new students from the lobby of the DoubleTree by Hilton Sterling hotel near the Dulles International Airport [IAD]. A special rate of $75 per night (breakfast included) has been arranged for anyone staying over in this hotel. Follow this link to make sure to that you receive the Study Group rate. The DoubleTree By Hilton Sterling hotel provides a free courtesy bus to and from the airport.
- If you should need to arrive earlier in Harrisonburg, you should consider taking a connecting flight from Dulles International Airport (IAD) to Staunton/ Shenandoah Regional Airport [SHD]. You will also need to reserve (online) a shuttle to get you from the airport to Harrisonburg/ JMU. Once in Harrisonburg, we recommend that you stay at the Best Western hotel due to its convenient location and the special JMU rate of $60 [make sure to ask for or to mention: JMU student rate].
- If you live on-campus, the oIP- International Student and Scholar Services will arrange for you to move-in early (only if you complete the Arrival Form). The earliest that you can move-in to your assigned residence hall is on January 12, starting at 9am.
- If you live off-campus, make sure that you figure out when you will be arriving in Harrisonburg. If you should arrive late at night, or even during the weekend how will you obtain the key to your new place? Will you need to arrange for an overnight stay at a hotel?
Complete the Arrival Form
In order to ensure that you:
- can fully participate in Transitions
- be picked up from the Dulles International Airport (IAD) to JMU
- can move-in early (if you live on-campus)