Madison International (MI)
What is Madison International?
Each year, freshman students from the United States and around the world come together to live and learn in a dynamic, international residence hall (Hoffman Hall) in the heart of JMU’s campus.
What is the Mission of Madison International?
The mission of Madison International is to provide a rich array of living and learning opportunities for student-residents at James Madison University so they may:
- think and act locally and globally;
- learn from and contribute to the multiple communities in which they are embedded; and,
- cultivate the values and competencies of informed and enlightened global citizens who are prepared to lead productive and meaningful lives.
What Do We Do in Madison International?
The Madison International learning community provides an extraordinary opportunity for a diverse cohort of international and US student-residents to learn from and about each other through a series of dynamic experiential and classroom-based activities including, but not limited to, the following:
- academic course work that is uniquely tailored to the participants in Madison International;
- experiential learning trips
- interact with the international student population at JMU