The LINK Program
What is the “LINK program?”
LINK stands for Leader for International Networking & Knowledge and consists of 15 JMU students (called LINKers) who serve as the main links between incoming and the current JMU globally minded students. Their resposibilities consist of positively impacting their lives.
Ultimately, the LINK program is devised to:
- Assist in the recruitment of new JMU globally minded students
- Improve the retention of the globally minded community
- Develop the LINKers’ leadership skills
What do the LINKers do exactly?
- They serve as conference hosts for the International Student Leadership Conference (ISLC) in March. They help the participants navigate the conference site, make them feel welcome and ensure that they do have a positive experience overall. Furthermore, they serve as group leaders to facilitate different activities, conversations, and games throughout the conference.
- Any new prospective and admitted globally minded students can be in touch with them. Check out the "ask an international student" section found on the JMU international admissions' webpage
- Admitted international students can refer themselves to the LINKers' Top Ten Reasons to Choose JMU handout.
- Prospective and cuurent students, along with their parents, and alumni can obtain a sense of what takes place on campus and its culture through the blogs that the LINKers contribute. Check ou the Insights section of our webpage.
- The LINKers meet all of the new globally minded students during Fall Transitions as they serve as 'student orientation leaders.'
- The LINKers partake in the many monthly events and activities organized by the International Study Center and the International Student and Scholar Services' office.
- They take on different projects such as developing handouts, activities, proposals, and videos to help the globally minded community better integrate this campus. One very exciting and useful project that benefit prospective and admitted students who are unable to visit JMU is a virtual campus tour of our campus.
Find out who are the current LINKers and learn more about the specific responsibilities that they take on.
For more information, contact:
JMAC 6, Suite 23 - MSC 5731