International Student Leadership Conference
Welcome -Purpose Statement - In their own words
ISLC 2014 will take place on Friday, March 28 evening and Saturday, March 29 all day & evening.
The International Student Leadership Conference in Harrisonburg, Virginia began in 2001 with just over 100 participants. Hosted and sponsored each year by James Madison University and Eastern Mennonite University, the most recent conference welcomed more than 250 participants from 65 countries and 23 institutions.
Although international students currently studying at institutions in the Virginia/Maryland/DC area are targeted for participation, both U.S. and international students from around the country are welcome, with schools as far away as Georgia, Idaho, and California represented. The theme and the keynote speaker may be different with every conference, but the energy, the camaraderie of the participants, the laughter, and the learning remain consistent from year to year.
The purpose of the conference is to:
- create a friendly and supportive environment for globally minded college students
- provide a venue for participants to explore and share different leadership concepts in a global context
- offer many opportunities during which participants can interact with one another
In their own words:
These are some of the many comments that previous participants have included in the anonymous conference evaluation form:
- “We are definitely coming back next year, keep it up!”
- “The conference rocks”
- “Very well organized, very informational, eye opening”
- "I gained new insight, and met wonderful people”
- “It is really educational, an entertaining and awesome place for networking“