Who will be considered for the iADVOCATE Program?
In order to reflect the representation of the JMU globally connected student community body and the international organizations on this campus the ideal concept (knowing very well that we may not achieve it) is to have a board consisting of 10 members who will represent:
- different students’ statuses, genders, ideas, beliefs…
- the most represented countries on this campus: Saudi Arabia, China, Vietnam, South Korea, United States of America...
- different experiences through one’s involvement with Study Group, the LINK program, or by virtue of being an RA, a FrOG, a global Nomad/ Third Culture Kid...
- This is a 2 academic semester-long commitment (Fall and Spring)
- Must have a 2.5 cumulative G.P.A. (min.)
- Attend the State of the globally connected JMU community meeting and help facilitate small group discussions.
- Attend the iADVOCATE Program Retreat
- Attend at least 4 meetings in the Fall semester (refer yourself to the timeline)
- Attend at least 5 meetings in the Spring semester (refer yourself to the timeline)
- An individual who will have studied for the equivalent of at least 1 semester on JMU’s campus
- Complete the online application by February 15, 2013
- Only completed applications will be automatically sent to the faculty advisor and the iADVOCATE Executive Board.
- Within 7 days after receiving the application, the iADVOCATE Executive Board will review the application, and will contact the applicant via email if the applicant has been chosen for an interview.
- Decisions will be made from the application and interview information.