- Optional Practical Training (Youtube)
- Resume Writing for International Students (Youtube)
- The Job Search for International Students (Youtube)
- F-1 Optional Practicial Training (OPT) Powerpoint Presentation
- Optional Practicial Training (OPT) packet
Resume Writing and Job Searching for International Students
Work Visa Information
- Recruit-A-Duke-Recruit-A-Duke is James Madison University’s online career services management system that provides JMU students access to internships, full-time jobs, career fairs, workshops, information sessions, and more.
- Career and Academic Planning- (located in the Student Success Center) provides opportunities and support that engages students in the process of exploring, evaluating and choosing academic programs and careers.
- ISSS- International Student & Scholar Services (located in JMAC6 Suite 23 - Tel. 568-6119) offers support and services to the international community in terms of immigration and acclimation related issues.
- Professors and advisors- By virtue of taking their class, or seeking their advise professors and advisors can not only give you their advise on your cover letter and resume but also by serving as references.
- Your peers- Don't hesitate to ask your classmates, roommates, and friends for feedback about your resume and cover letter. Sometimes asking a third party to review your resume and cover letter can help you by figuring out whether your main points are clear.