Greetings and congratulations on your acceptance to James Madison University (JMU)! The International Student and Scholar Services office is looking forward to greeting and welcoming you in person. You may understand that you must arrive on JMU's campus towards the end of August but the specific details may be very unclear. Furthermore, you and your family members may have many questions related to where you will be living, what the weather will be like, where the nearest airport is located, etc. Knowing exactly what you need to do and sorting it out is overwhelming. Having to do so from a different country is an even more daunting task. Rest assured that we are familiar with the obstacles and challenges that you are facing. For this reason, we have broken down the information in terms of what steps you need to take to meet all pertinent requirements, the dates by which each step should be completed, and general information for how to prepare for your arrival. Make sure to read the Pre-Arrival section and the Orientation section below carefully!
While the end of August may seem like a long time from now, it will be there before you know it. You have accomplished the major steps of being accepted to college. Now that you have been accepted, there are still a few more steps that you need to take to ensure that JMU is ready for your arrival! These steps are specific to your status, therefore you will need to select the category that best suits your situation:
- If you are a new Study Group student, click: here
- If you are a new first-year (Freshman) student, click: here
- If you are a new transfer student, click: here
- if you are a new exchange student, click: here
- If you are a new graduate student, click: here
If you are still unclear as to what you need to do please feel free to contact:
- Thomas Lavenir- for information related to Transitions and to the different steps that you need to fulfill.
- Gina Kudrav- for information related to immigration and visas
^top of page