I-Week Photo Contest 2013
Welcome to JMU’s 13th annual International Photo Contest! Since 2000, the JMU community has submitted photographs documenting its travels around the globe, outside of the U.S.
All current students, faculty, staff and official affiliates of JMU are encouraged to submit their best photos in the following five categories:
- People (P)
- Nature (N)
- Architecture (A)
- Miscellaneous (M)
- Sustainability (S)
The deadline for submission of photos is Monday, September 9, 5 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time).
To submit an entry, you must take the following items into consideration:
- How will your photo(s) be unique and artistically different from those of your peers?
- Photos must have been taken outside of the United States of America
- No more than 3 photos may be submitted per contestant
- All photos must be jpg files
- Photos can be black-and-white or color
- No Photoshop enhancement of submitted photos will be accepted
- Photos must be a minimum of 2 megabytes and a maximum of 12 megabytes
Submitting your photographs:
1. Title your attached jpg files in the following format: last name . first name _ country of photo _ first letter of category with photo number . jpg. For example: If John Smith were to submit...
- 1 'misc.' photo taken in France, the file name would be: smith.john_france_m1.jpg
- 1 'architecture' taken in France, the file name would be: smith.john_france_a2.jpg
2. If you are submitting a photo for the sustainability category, you must include a paragraph (100 words or less) explaining your photo.
By submitting your photo(s) you are agreeing to the following:
- I am giving the office of International Programs (oIP) permission to use/display my photos.
- I understand that if any of my photos do not conform with all of the contest rules it/they will be declared ineligible.
- I am granting oIP the right to size my photo(s) as needed for framing purposes.
- I am giving oIP the right to use my photos to further advance the oIP mission.
Reception: The I-Week Photo Contest reception, during which photo contest winners will be honored, will take place on Tuesday September, 24 at 3 p.m., in Festival's Prism Gallery.