I-Week Photo Contest 2016
Welcome to JMU’s 16th annual International Photo Contest! Since 2000, the JMU community has submitted photographs documenting its travels around the globe, outside of the U.S.
All current students, faculty, staff and official affiliates of JMU are encouraged to submit their best photos in the following five categories:
To submit an entry, you must take the following items into consideration:
- How will your photo(s) be unique and artistically different from those of your peers?
- Photos must have been taken outside of the United States of America.
- No more than 3 photos may be submitted per contestant.
- Because winning photos will be cropped to 11"x14" size for display, panoramas should not be submitted.
- All photos must be jpg files.
- Photos can be black-and-white or color.
- Photos must be high enough resolution to allow an 11” X 14” print at 300 dpi.
- Using a smart phone camera from the front-facing side greatly reduces the file size and therefore the image quality – and resulting photos may not meet the print requirements.
By submitting your photo(s) you are agreeing to the following:
- I am giving the Office of International Programs (OIP) permission to use/display my photo(s).
- I understand any photos not conforming to all of the contest rules will be declared ineligible
- I am granting the OIP the right to size or edit my photo(s) as needed for promotional purposes.
- I am giving the OIP the right to use my photo(s) to further the OIP mission.
The deadline for submission of photos is Sunday, September 11th, 11 p.m. (Eastern Daylight Time).
Submit Photos Here:
Reception: The I-Week Photo Contest reception, during which photo contest winners will be honored, will take place on Thursday, September 22, at 6:30 p.m., in Festival's Prism Gallery.