I-Week Photo Contest 2014
Welcome to JMU’s 14th annual International Photo Contest! Since 2000, the JMU community has submitted photographs documenting its travels around the globe, outside of the U.S.
All current students, faculty, staff and official affiliates of JMU are encouraged to submit their best photos in the following five categories:
- People (P)
- Nature (N)
- Architecture (A)
- Miscellaneous (M)
- Sustainability (S)
To submit an entry, you must take the following items into consideration:
- How will your photo(s) be unique and artistically different from those of your peers?
- Photos must have been taken outside of the United States of America.
- No more than 3 photos may be submitted per contestant.
- No panoramic-sized photos will be accepted.
- All photos must be jpg files.
- Photos can be black-and-white or color.
- No Photoshop enhancement of submitted photos will be accepted. Do not submit Instagram Photos.
- Photos must be a minimum of 2 megabytes and a maximum of 20 megabytes.
By submitting your photo(s) you are agreeing to the following:
- I am giving the office of International Programs (oIP) permission to use/display my photos.
- I understand that if any of my photos do not conform to all of the contest rules it/they will be declared ineligible.
- I am granting oIP the right to size or edit my photo(s) as needed for promotional purposes.
- I am giving oIP the right to use my photos to further advance the oIP mission.
The deadline for submission of photos is Wednesday, September 10, 5 p.m. (Eastern Daylight Time).
The photo contest is now closed, submissions are no longer being accepted.
Reception: The I-Week Photo Contest reception, during which photo contest winners will be honored, will take place on Wednesday, September 24, at 6:30 p.m., in Festival's Prism Gallery.