You have been accepted to study abroad on a JMU Program!
Forms and deposit are needed to accept your space
Please follow ALL the instructions below to respond to your acceptance notice. The information that follows will direct you in the steps it takes to accept or decline.
(Non-JMU students Click Here)
TO ACCEPT - complete all numbered steps
A $500 charge for the non-refundable deposit has been added to your student account. (You will not be able to see the charge on your student account. The charge goes on the future term you are accepted to attend and is not active on your screen)
In order to accept the space being offered, you must pay the deposit and turn in the required forms as described below. If you are paying online, pay the deposit separately from tuition on the deposit site as described below. This will ensure the payment is directed properly and does not pay an outstanding balance instead.
Please follow the numbered outline to complete the required steps by the due date on your acceptance letter:
- Pay the $500 non-refundable deposit .
Online payments must be made using the deposit site listed here.
**Payments included with tuition or paid as a tuition payment will pay your current balance only**
Follow these instructions: log on to the University Business Office Deposit site and follow directions at www.jmu.edu/ubo/depositpay.shtml, click on Study Abroad in the drop down box.
Anyone can make the deposit for you with your student ID
OR by Mail or hand deliver check to UBO as noted on the Statement of Intent form. Make check payable to: James Madison University
(print or ask for a receipt to turn in with other forms):
- Read Participation Agreement (form here)
- Sign Intent to Participate form - choose one by program type
- Fill out Health and Emergency Treatment Authorization form (form here)
- Make copy of passport (per the description on this link)
- Have passport photos made to turn in **ONLY if you are attending the Florence or London Semester programs (more information)
- Hand deliver or mail forms together with deposit receipt, copy of passport and photos, if requred, to the address below so they are RECEIVED by the due date. If passport is not available, you may turn the copy in separately.
- Review checklist to see that everything is done. (Click here)
THOSE WITHOUT PASSPORTS SHOULD APPLY NOW, turn in everything else and send the passport copy when it is received
Office of International Programs
JMAC 6, Suite 22 - MSC 5731
Harrisonburg, VA 22807
If you choose not to accept the space, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible and the $500 deposit charge will be promptly removed from your account.
Accepted into a Graduate Program?
Acceptance Information for EU Masters Program in Florence