- Approved Courses
- IdLS Checklist
- IdLS Core requirements
- Citizenship and Public Policy, Track one
- Race, Ethnicity, Gender and Class, Track two
- The Americas, Track three
- Europe, Track four
- Asia, Africa and the Middle East, Track five
- Ethics, Values and Spirituality, Track six
- Special Education Track, Track seven (Special Education Only)
- Middle School Education Concentration Options
- Contact information
- IdLS Study Abroad Programs
- Hopscotch (Student project)
- For faculty
- For IdLS Majors
Humanities and Social Sciences Concentration - Track 7
Track 7: IdLS Special Education
Special Education Minors Only
SPED students are expected to be knowledgeable, creative and articulate with complex audiences. This concentration emphasizes liberal arts knowledge as it informs communication in family, community, and institutional settings. For purposes of disciplinary distribution, FAM and SOWK are counted as the same discipline. No more than 2 PSYC courses may be used for track credit.
Look for a 7 in the track column of the IdLS pre-approved and track class list every semester linked on the IdLS home page.
* PSYC 180 cannot be used as a track course, but SPED IDLS majors must take PSYC 180 if they wish to take PSYC 390 for track credit.