A-to-Z Index


Human Resources compiled information on personnel matters frequently of interest to James Madison University’s classified employees. Questions relating to your department should be directed to your immediate supervisor. Questions relating to university and/or Commonwealth of Virginia policies and other personnel matters should be directed to the HR Service Center at (540) 568-6165 or researched on the HR website. Visit the University Policies website to research policies that have a broad impact on the university's people and processes.

This is neither an employment contract nor an invitation to a contract of any kind. The policies, procedures and other information contained in the Classified Employee Handbook may be changed by the university and/or the Commonwealth of Virginia without notice.

HR Communications

JMU’s Human Resources office wants you to be connected and informed. Watch for our monthly HR Update and quarterly HR Horizons. Both are employee-centered, electronic newsletters designed to provide information on timely HR topics.

Wondering who to call with specific questions? See Service Contacts for a list of HR services provided and the primary contact person for that service.

< Previous   Next  >